19 December 2009

A Woolly Winter Holiday to You...

Wishing you all a warm & safe holiday season to share with your loved ones. And remember those who are not as fortunate by giving a little back in some way.....even the small things help.
Thanks to my wonderful friend, Charly, every year I have the good fortune to be involved in adopting a needy family in our community who otherwise might not have much at Christmastime. Thank you Charly.
My decorating for the holidays consists of pulling out a few of my favorite things.... simple, not much fuss, and usually involving wool of course!
Do you remember this post....
A Blank Canvas
Well, he now graces my mantle along with a few beautiful pots and a lovely painting by my studio mate, Suzanne D'Arcy.

This girl is out for the first time....my first attempt at doll making. She's not perfect but she has a great personality.

3 comments:

Mouse Droppings Folk Art said...

You did a great job on your doll...love the color combination...Merry Xmas to you too! Susan

Gayle said...

That Santa is incredible! I'd love to make one for myself if you ever do a pattern for him - be sure to let me know, okay?

Anonymous said...

Both of your dolls are lovely and I like the colors you used for your decorating;) Just wanted 2 wish u and yours HAPPY HOLIDAYS!