18 January 2009

Beautiful Wool by Laurice Heath




Beautiful Wool... A Hand-Dyer's Guide by Laurice Heath of Fredericksburg Rugs is one of the best dye books ever published and is now out of print. It's full of dye formulas (over 150) using both Cushing's Acid Dyes and ProChem Acid Dyes and page after page of wool and dyeing wisdom. This is one of my two favorite dye books and I would be lost without my well-worn, dye-stained copy.


It's a little short of a miracle, but I managed to get a hold of several brand new copies! I had to pay full price for the books and an arm & a leg for shipping, but I think this book is worth every penny. I can't tell you how many times I've had a customer ask me for a custom color that I don't have listed on my website and I've gone straight to this book.......to say nothing of the times I've used these formulas for my own projects!
Here's where you can buy a copy for yourself:

Have fun playing in the dyepots!

1 comment:

Carol Haynes said...

Love reading your blog! Your wool and your knowledge are great! wish I could dye with you!
Thanks,
Carol in Oklahoma