23 August 2011

A Day in the Studio...Making Rug Hooking Kits

A typical day in the studio....hooking, shipping, dyeing, tons of emails and, ocasionally, days devoted to making up rug hooking kits.
Good kits require a lot of time and planning but can be fun and creative too!




This beautiful collection of about 70 different colors and textures is destined to be hooked in to the wonderful Poppies design by Sharon Smith that I carry on my website.
This picture was taken during the later stages of planning....when I'm choosing the colors it's a much bigger mess. Wool everywhere!

All packaged up and ready to send off to the hooker who will turn this into a lively rug....

2 comments:

tj said...

...Is it wrong that I am envious of your studio and your wool stash? *sigh* :o)

...I love the way you pack your kits. The kit alone is beautiful!

...Enjoy your day!

...Blessings :o)

Lana Manis said...

How I wish your studio was closer to where I live! It looks wonderful! I'm off to visit your website now.... :)