06 December 2010

Hooker's Block

Do you ever have one?

I seem to have a bit of a block going on with my hooking right now. Life has been terribly busy the past couple of months so I guess that's one excuse that I can use but, truthfully, I suspect it has more to do with the piece that I've been trying to hook recently.
Everyone else seems to like what's happening with this design but it just isn't speaking to me. Those of you who read my blog regularly know that I tend to gravitate to a rich but more subdued palette....I'm trying to push myself outside that comfort zone with the colors in this piece. (Obviously!)
Should I push on and just get it done or stuff it in the bottom of a closet & forget about it.....I need to just get over myself & make a decision!

14 comments:

tj said...

...Oh no, no, no, you plow forward woman! *giggle* ;o)

...If your undone items that hit the closet are anything like mine, they'll never see the light of day for many, many years! lol... :o)

...Beautiful work & great choice of color!

...Blessings... :o)

Sharlene Washington said...

I like it because it is unusual! The colors are great.

Julia said...

I think the colors are beautiful on the black background. How big is the rug? JB

Gayle said...

PLEASE stick to it till it's done! I absolutely adore paisleys and your colors are awesome!Is this your own design?

dulcy said...

Oh... please keep pushing forward! This is just my kind of thing. Adore the design and colors.

Susan said...

I love it. Did you design it? if not, could you please tell who did?

Marita said...

Thank you for all your encouragement ladies! I am plugging away at it and am committed to finishing :-)
I'm hooking it in mainly #8 cut with a #6 cut for some of the detail. It is my own design and will eventually be one of my carpetbags. I've had a number of people tell me they'd like to have it as a rug or a pillow so I'll most likely adapt the design for those too.
Thanks again for all your support....and Happy Holidays!

Susan said...

I would love the patter!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello :o) I just discovered your blog and wool and am wondering if you offer a variety pack of colors? Like maybe 15 or 20? Thank you! - Colleen

Kathryn Glover said...

I think your colors are wonderful! Do you have a wall where you can pin the rug up? Don't put it away or work on it if you don't want. I find the use of a mirror to view an image helps to be objective. This is really beautiful!

Kathryn Glover said...

I'm back again and I just love your colors(((:

Linda G said...

Marita! It is PERFECT just as it is - get 'er done!!

Crescent Lane Hooker said...

The colors in this rug are so fabulous! I love it!

ldsmith40162 said...

I have to say this is the most intriguing rug, absolutely beautiful! I used your picture of it as my desktop wallpaper because I love the pattern and use of colors so much! I would love to purchase a pattern of this if possible. Thanks for such a beautiful inspiration :)
Leslie Smith ldsmith40162@yahoo.com