29 July 2013

A Simple & Fun Rug...Completed


This rug was a delight to hook at a time when simple was needed. Hooked mostly in a #8.5 cut with a little #6 cut for detail, it was quick and, most of all, fun. Most of the wools came out of my leftovers bins and it was interesting to see how the great variety of red-oranges, oranges and maples mixed together.
The blue was a big surprise. When I first pulled it out to consider using it, I thought no way was it going to work. But, in the end, I think it's what makes the rug lively rather than ho-hum....

The 20" X 40" design is by Maggie Bonanomi and can be found here:
Out in the Garden


4 comments:

denise said...

beautiful!!!!! denise

NMK said...

Love it, so pretty !

Unknown said...

oh I LOVE it, the colors are awesome...just beautiful!!!!!!!

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!